The climbing wall is actually owned by the PMC but you do not have to join the club to use the wall. If you choose to join the PMC you will receive the following benefits:
- 50% discount off accommodation at the club hut in North Wales
- 10% discount off gear at climbing shops across the UK
- Training and expedition grants to subsidise your personal development
- Membership of the British Mountaineering Council (BMC)
- Annual magazine from BMC entitled ‘Summit’
- Quarterly magazine from the PMC entitled ‘Take In’
- 3rd party liability mountaineering insurance for up to £2m
- Active social life, courses, competitions, dinners, BBQ’s
- A source for walking and climbing partners
- Trips to the Lakes, Peaks, Scotland, Alps, Spain, Italy, Fontainebleau
The PMC is a friendly club of about 200 members of adult age. It was founded in 1954. The club holds regular trips to the Peak District, Lake District, Scottish Highlands and Wales.
The club owns a luxurious bunkhouse in Snowdonia (hot showers, huge fitted kitchen, drying room) with 30 bedspaces. It is available all year round (for use by members). Non members can hire up to 15 places by contacting the Hut secretary here.